Orienteering Websites:

Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Orienteering Background

Hello Blogger.com readers and my fellows- Orienteers,

My name is Igor Palagnyuk, and I represent Toronto Orienteering Club in International and National levels. I am originally from Ukraine, but for the last 5 years I compete at North American continent.

I have been in Youth and Junior Ukrainian Orienteering Teams; I had represented Ukraine at European Youth Orienteering Championship in Gdansk, Poland. I finished 25th at Sprint, 35th at Long and 9th at Relay courses. I raced Relay course in Orienteering World Cup in Austria. I have been more than 10 times Ukrainian Orienteering winner in the different age categories (14 till 20).



At the present moment, I was ranked top 6th in Canada in 2009. My best results at Canadian Orienteering Championships are 6th (Sprint) and 10th (Long) in 2008 and 7th (Sprint) in 2009. There are several silver and bronze medals at Eastern Orienteering Championship and Ontario Orienteering Championship 2006-2009. Most recent result is from North American Championship (Cranbrook, BC Canada), where I placed 5th in the Sprint and 10th in Long courses. One week before NAOC, I got 5th at Long in US Individual Orienteering Championship.

The goal of the blog is to promote sport online, and of course, keep my-self motivated. I am looking for your support and comments!

See you in the woods,
Igor Palagnyuk

No comments:

Post a Comment