Orienteering Websites:

Monday, September 27, 2010

Athlete is nothing without coaching/training

I realized that I was writing about my-self and did not mention about my coach. I am a lucky athlete, who does have a real coach, who can listen, analyze and provide valuable feedback. I have a huge personal respect and trust to this person.

When I compete, I try not to put down, first of all, my coach and only than my-self. For the last 1, 5 year, my orienteering and running shapes have been improved in my-own eyes and I start having fun in the forest. I wrote it before- “More fun you have, better your results are!”

My coach is Andrei Logvin. I believe he is THE BEST and most knowledgeable Orienteering coach in Canada or even North America. This year his athletes got 3 medals in the most competitive groups at Canadian Orienteering Championship in Ottawa. Serghei Logvin got Silver at Sprint M18 and both of my medals (Silver at Sprint and Bronze at Long M Elite) are his achievements too. He does spent lots of time to coach Serghei and me; and his price for that is personal performance. I promise that next year will be much easier for Andrei to deal with us (b/c we are better with every training), so he can fully compete at COC11 in Yukon. But so far, Thank You very much for your time, energy and trust!!!

My next post will be about positive and negative sides of organizing O-events.

No comments:

Post a Comment